[Logo] JForum - Powering Communities
  [Search] 搜尋   [Recent Topics] 最新主題   [Hottest Topics] 熱門主題   [Top Downloads] 熱門下載   [Groups] 回首頁 
[Register] 會員註冊 /  [Login] 登入 

JForum 2.8.3 is out with various fixes and improvements. Read all about it here

Major migration RSS feed
討論區首頁 » User Forum
發表人 內容
tommy

註冊時間: 2023/10/27
文章: 6
離線
Hi,

I have a very big database migration ahead of me regarding a really old version of JForum.
Old version: jforum-2.1.4
New version: jforum-2.8.3

Are there any upgrade DB SQL scripts available for the JForum database that I can execute one-by-one to get up to the latest release (I am using MySQL)?
There are many releases to go through to upgrade, so it would save me a lot of time if you already have the required scripts available/collected.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you!

Regards,
Tommy
udittmer

註冊時間: 2013/2/21
文章: 422
離線
Ugh, 2.1.4 is seriously outdated. But I'm happy to hear that even after all that time, JForum continues to be useful smilie

To my knowledge, no such script exists. You'll have to go through the scripts in https://sourceforge.net/p/jforum2/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/upgrade/ one by one.

You're bound to bump into some issue or other, but feel free to come back here with questions, and we'll try to help out.

Ping & Net - my free Android app for TCP/IP network diagnostics
[Email] [WWW]
tommy

離線
Perfect!
Just what I was looking for, but didn't know where to find. smilie

Thank you so very much for that.

Btw, extra thanks for a quick and competent reply.

- Tommy
andowson

註冊時間: 2011/6/30
文章: 250
離線
You can find the DB schema upgrade scripts under the upgrade directory. The subdirectory name is for the new jforum version where database schema is also changed. So, you'll need to go through each subdirectory from 2.1.5 to 2.8.0.
Using this as an example for mysql:
mysql -u USERNAME -p DBNAME < 2.1.5/mysql_2.1.4_to_2.1.5.sql

tommy

離線
The migration went well! The only problem was that the older scripts contained "TYPE=InnoDB". But when changed to "ENGINE=InnoDB", they worked fine as well.

Everything looks ok. I can login as admin and see all registered users etc.
But the "Forum Index" list on the main page is empty. They are correctly stored in the database tables though.
I did a "SELECT(*)" on the following tables as well:
jforum_categories = 1
jforum_forums = 4
jforum_posts = 285
jforum_posts_text = 285

Can you suggest anything for this?

I get no error messages in Tomcat or in the web page.
Is there any way to debug this? The problem is very shy and quiet. smilie

Thanks!

Edit:
Added jforum log file as attachment. But it doesn't say much unfortunately.

I am using:
openjdk version 11.0.16.1
JForum version 2.8.3
Tomcat version 9.0.82
MySQL 8 version 8.0.34
mysql-connector-j-8.1.0.jar
 檔案名稱 jforum.log [Disk] 下載
 描述 沒有檔案註解存在
 檔案大小 4 Kbytes
 下載次數:  1770 次

andowson

離線
You may try to disable cache by adding the following setting to jforum-custom.conf and see if this works
#########################

# Topics, Posts and Cache
#########################
topic.cache.enabled = false
posts.cache.enabled = false
tommy

離線
Thanks for the advice.
But unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Another strange thing is that when I go to the search page and enter any search term, then I always get "0 records were found" even though I use terms that I know exists.

Any other suggestions I can try out?

Edit:
I connected JForum back to the new database (the one that was initialized when I installed JForum version 2.8.3) and here it just works! I can in the Forum Index list see the "Category Test" -> "Test Forum" -> "This is a test forum"
But when I connect JForum to my migrated database, then the Forum Index list is empty again. Seems like something is missing in the migration steps.
andowson

離線
Maybe you need to reindex all your posts. You can go to the Admin Control Panel > Lucene Statistics > Recreate Index
tommy

離線
It did not solve this specific problem, but now the search functionality partially works.
When I search for a common term, I get the following response:
"Search Results: 222 records were found"

But below the "Search Results" it says "No results were found. Click here to make a new search. ".
Also, the Forum Index list on the start page is still empty as well.

What a weird problem. smilie

Any other suggestions to share with me?
andowson

離線
You may try to change the Permission setting for each User Group.
https://sourceforge.net/p/jforum2/wiki2/Permissions/

If you can provide some screenshots, it would be helpful.
tommy

離線
OH YES!! smilie

All groups (including "Administration") apparently had their group permissions set to negative selections ("Allow all" deselected, and "No" set for all choices). Probably due to safe guard settings when changes was made to groups/permissions in a newer version of JForum smilie

Now it just works!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help in this matter!
Wish you a great Sunday as well. smilie

討論區首頁 » User Forum
前往:   
行動版