會員註冊 / 登入  |  電腦版  |  Jump to bottom of page

Developer Forum » Bug in Profile editing

發表人: jforum@gooberdude.com
2 年 前
Just registered to use the forums. Was editing my Profile, added a 200x200 picture, thinking the forum would scale it. Submitted page. Page returned with error: "Error while setting your avatar. It may be related to the absence of graphical libraries in the server. Please contact the site administrator." The real problem was, all the information that I had filled in, was eliminated. Urls, occupation, interests, signature, radio buttons (not deleted, but, set back to defaults).

After a bit, I scaled my avatar, and attempted to upload it, got the same error. So it's not simply a scaling problem, it's exactly what it's saying: you're missing some runtime libraries...

發表人: udittmer
2 年 前
Thanks for the heads-up. Not sure what is going on with the server, we'll look into it. It's unlikely to be missing libraries, that's just one of the things that can go wrong.

But I agree that there's little point in requiring an image of a particular size - it should just be scaled down to a reasonable size. We'll make that change for the next release.

發表人: udittmer
2 年 前
Actually, the software does scale the image down if it is too large, so no change is needed. Not sure what's going on with this server, but it seems JForum does the right thing.

會員註冊 / 登入  |  電腦版  |  Jump to top of page